Filipino citizens married outside the Philippines must register the marriage with the Philippine Foreign Service Post (Embassy or Consulate) of the country where the marriage was officiated. Submit a duly accomplished Report of Marriage Form in triplicate. Please download the form and print in a legal size paper.
Do I need to report my marriage to the Philippine Embassy?
A Report of Marriage/Birth must be filed at a Philippine Embassy or Consulate covering the country where you got married/had your child.
How do I register my marriage certificate in the Philippines if I am married abroad?
The marriage between Filipinos or between a Filipino and a foreign national should be reported and registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) through the Philippine Embassy/Consulate General which has jurisdiction over the locality where the event took place. File application by email first.
How do I register a foreign marriage in the Philippines?
How to Register Marriage in the Philippines if You’re Married…
- Duly-accomplished Report of Marriage Form (5 copies)
- Foreign Marriage Certificate (1 original and 5 photocopies)
- Birth Certificate of both husband and wife (1 original and 5 photocopies)
- Passport data page of both parties (5 photocopies)
Can you get married in another country and still be legally married in the Philippines?
Philippine law requires all foreigners to provide a “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” before filing for a marriage license. This certification affirms that there are no legal impediments to the foreigner marrying a Filipino (i.e., that the foreigner is not currently married to someone else).
How do you check if my marriage is registered in Philippines?
You may check the status of your application online through PSA Serbilis website. To help you better understand the application process, go check out Philippines – Online Marriage Certificate.
Do I need to register my marriage in the US if I get married abroad?
The United States has no national registration of marriages, foreign or domestic. U.S. states recognize marriages performed in other states and in other countries.
Where can I register my marriage in the Philippines?
How to Apply for a Marriage License in the Philippines
- Visit the local civil registrar (LCR) office in the city or municipality where you or your partner reside.
- Submit the marriage license requirements. …
- Pay the marriage license fee to the treasury or treasurer’s office.
How do I know if my marriage is registered?
To be sure, try calling the NSO hotline at 737-1111, or better yet, go to your local civil registry or the NSO personally to check if your marriage has been registered.
How do I change my name after marriage in the Philippines?
- Go to the nearest PhilHealth office or satellite office.
- Head over to the customer service personnel and state that you wish to change your civil status. You will be given a blank PMRF.
- Fill out the PMRF. Once finished, submit to the counter. Your marital status will be accomplished as you wait.
How long does it take to get a PSA copy of marriage certificate?
Delivery time takes three to four working days within Metro Manila. If the recipient’s address is outside Metro Manila, it will take three to eight working days to deliver the document.
How can I change my marital status in Philippine passport?
REQUIREMENTS for change of name due to marriage:
- Renewal Application Form – duly accomplished, it’s better to do this digitally or online.
- Personal Appearance at the DFA office.
- Confirmed Appointment.
- Current Passport with a photocopy of bio-page.
- PSA Marriage Contract.
- 1 Valid ID with a photocopy – with Married Name.
What documents do I need to marry a foreigner?
You will need to file Form I-130 and then Form DS-160 (also called the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application), followed by a medical exam and an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate. Although this can sometimes be a long process,, this option does lead to a green card as soon as you arrive in the United States.
Can you get married to another person in different country?
Like U.S. marriage laws, foreign marriage laws vary among locations. Most countries require proof of a valid U.S. passport, birth certificate or other proof of residency before a foreign marriage may take place. Many countries also require blood and/or medical tests to be completed by the parties.
Can you get married online to someone in another country?
An American man and Argentinian woman have tied the knot in a virtual ceremony, becoming the first couple ever to get legally married via video while in different countries.