Here’s a phrase you can use to offer the chef a compliment in Indonesian. Wah, ini enak banget! “Wow, this is super-tasty!”
How do you praise someone for good cooking?
Phrases for complimenting someone’s cooking
- The lasagna is delicious.
- This soup is very tasty. tasty = delicious.
- You’re a fantastic cook.
- Did you make this from scratch? …
- You’ve got to give me the recipe for this chicken dish!
- The cherry pie is out of this world. …
- That was delicious.
How do you show respect in Indonesia?
How to respect Indonesian culture
- Be patient. Indonesia has a very relaxed stance when it comes to time. …
- Always be polite, perhaps overly polite. If you are in the face of conflict – be it an angry market owner or policeman pulling you over – remain calm. …
- Smile. …
- Ask questions.
What do Indonesian say before eating?
And that’s the glorious moment when I learnt, that in Indonesian culture, if you want to start eating something, and there are others in your presence, you seek permission from them to start eating by saying “Makan, iya” (I eat, yes). To which they should reply: “Silahkan!” (Go ahead!)
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
So when shaking hands, offering a gift, handing or receiving something, eating, pointing or generally touching another person, it is considered proper etiquette to always use your right hand. Pointing toward someone with forefinger is considered rude.
How do you praise yummy food?
How’s It Taste?
- Tastes great! Eating something delicious right now? …
- Really good! Here’s something else you could say instead of delicious. …
- Wow, [this food] is amazing! …
- Yummy. …
- Flavorful. …
- Mouth-watering. …
- This [food] is too [flavor] for me/for my taste. …
- It could use a little more/less…
How do you insult a Indonesian?
The most common insult in Indonesian might surprise you. Anjing!
As you can see, these normally wouldn’t be used in complete sentences.
- Gila kau! “You’re crazy!”
- Sialan! “You’re trash!”
- Bodoh sekali! “So stupid!”
- Kurang ajar! “You’re losing it!”
What is Indonesian signature dish?
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) is considered Indonesia’s national dish. This dish originated from Padang, Sumatra. Padang food is famous for its spicyness and richness in flavor. You definitely have to try Beef Rendang.
How do you describe Indonesian culture?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
How do you greet in Indonesian culture?
Some Indonesians may place their hand on their heart or bow slightly after shaking hands. Women may choose to bow with their hands folded instead of shaking hands. People may greet close relatives by shaking hands and kissing one another on both cheeks.
How do you greet in Indonesian language?
- Good Morning: Selamat pagi (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat pah-gee”)
- Good Day: Selamat siang (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat see-ahng”)
- Good Afternoon: Selamat sore (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat sor-ee”)
- Good Evening: Selamat malam (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat mah-lahm”)
What is dating like in Indonesia?
Indonesia can be considered quite conservative when it comes to dating. In the country, premarital sex is viewed as highly unacceptable and adults are expected to get married and have children before they turn 30.
What do Indonesians smell like?
Indonesians like their coffee black, rich and full-bodied, so naturally the aroma that wafts from its roasted beans is intense and robust. Three main regions produce the best coffee: Sulawesi, Sumatra and Java.
What are Indonesian values?
Just and civilised humanity. The unity of Indonesia. Democracy guided by the wisdom of deliberations among representatives. Social justice for all the people of Indonesia.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun.